The Webstroller virus is potentially unwanted program (or a PUP) categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that primarily installs to a computer running the Microsoft Windows operating system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension without direct user consent. The Webstroller program may do this in order to serve targeted advertisements, which in return may create additional privacy relating issues for computer users.
Once Webstroller malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information and will display target advertisements, deals, offers for searched items or currently viewed websites and products on retail websites.
Webstroller advertisements are displayed in a variety of forms. Some are pop-under browser redirects that take up an entire browser window or computer screen, in-text ads that say “Ads by Webstroller” on them, or pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say “brought by Webstroller” on them.
How does Webstroller malware get onto a computer?
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Webstroller software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the Webstroller virus
- Automatically remove Webstroller virus – Scan for and automatically remove Webstroller and third-party malware
- Manually remove Webstroller virus – Remove/Uninstall Webstroller and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Webstroller virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Webstroller and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Webstroller adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Webstroller and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Webstroller, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Webstroller virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Webstroller and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Webstroller
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Webstroller and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Webstroller may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Webstroller add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Webstroller add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Webstroller extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Webstroller add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Webstroller add-on and remove it if located.