Search My Window
Search My Window is generic adware that displays pop-up advertisements across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Search My Window ads often say “Ads by Search My Window” on them in small text. Search My Window adware is known to use deceptive marketing tactics in order to trick users into installing it and bundle with malware and other threats.
|Search My Window, Search My Window virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus
|Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)
|Advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|C:\Program Files (x86)
|Detection & Removal Tool
|Click Here To Download Malwarebytes
Search My Window Removal Options
Manual Removal Guide
This manual Search My Window removal guide contains steps to help you completely remove Search My Window and other threats from your computer for free. In order to eradicate this threat please follow each step in order.
Search My Window Removal Steps
- Step 1: Uninstall Search My Window via Windows Control Panel
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Search My Window and other threats with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Search My Window and existing threats with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. The first step to remove Search My Window adware is to uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel if there is a usable uninstall entry. To uninstall Search My Window go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (or Add and Remove Programs) and search for Search My Window and other suspicious programs in the list. Once you have found Search My Window, double click it to begin the uninstall process. Repeat this step for any other suspicious programs you may have found.
2. The second step to remove Search My Window adware is to remove any unwanted browser add-ons and extensions that may have installed from each web browser on your computer.
|Go to Customize and control Google Chrome > More Tools > Extensions
|Go to Menu > Add-ons
|Microsoft Internet Explorer
|Go to Tools > Manage add-ons
|Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions
3. The third step to remove Search My Window adware is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Open Malwarebytes and click the large blue Scan Now button to begin a scan.
6. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and Finish button afterwards. If Malwarebytes suggests that you restart your computer please do so.
7. The fourth step to remove Search My Window adware is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using HitmanPro; a reputable second-opinion scan and removal tool.
9. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button and then click the Reboot button. *To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. The fifth step to remove Search My Window adware is to clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.