What is Customer Promos?
Customer Promos ads are generated by adware that employs deceptive marketing tactics in order to infiltrate a computer. Customer Promos adware may present itself as something it is not in order to trick users into installing it. It can also automatically be introduced to a machine it infects without user consent via third-party software bundlers and download managers.
When Customer Promos adware has been contracted to a machine it will modify settings, observe user data, and display different types of pop-up advertisements that typically contain small text on them that says “Ads by Customer Promos.” Ads by Customer Promos are defined as “targeted” style advertisements because they use your browsing data (like browser history and bookmarks) to formulate advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on.
Customer Promos ads can appear when you hover your mouse over an image, when you hover your mouse over a text hyperlink, or at random times in your web browser. They can also replace legitimate advertisements with banners and skyscrapers on the websites you normally visit. Furthermore, Customer Promos adware may also produce pop-under advertisements that take-up an entire browser window. Internet browsers are usually good at blocking many pop-under advertisements by default so users may not even be aware that these ads are being produced.
If you find Customer Promos on your computer is is likely that additional malware and unwanted programs have also been introduced. Like most adware, Customer Promos usually bundles with other unwanted programs, adware, and potential threats. A simple scan with a reputable removal tool like Malwarebytes can conclude this finding.
Since Customer Promos adware bundles with other threats it is recommended to not only uninstall Customer Promos manually but remove Customer Promos and other threats from your computer completely by using a guide like the one we provide on this webpage.
If you are not careful you may put yourself and your computer at risk. Your personal information may be observed and collected. Your machine may also become slow and sluggish or experience other undesirable symptoms.
|Customer Promos, Customer Promos virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus
|Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)
|Advertisements and sponsored search results in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|C:\Program Files (x86)
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool
|Click Here To Download Malwarebytes
Customer Promos Removal Options
Manual Removal Guide
This manual Customer Promos removal guide contains steps to help you completely remove Customer Promos and other threats from your computer. In order to eradicate this threat please follow each step in order.
Customer Promos Removal Steps
- Step 1: Uninstall Customer Promos via Windows Control Panel
- Step 2: Remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Customer Promos and other threats with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Customer Promos and existing threats with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner
1. The first step to remove Customer Promos is to uninstall the program from Windows Control Panel if there is a usable uninstall entry. To uninstall Customer Promos go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (or Add and Remove Programs) and search for Customer Promos and other suspicious programs in the list. Once you have found Customer Promos, double click it to begin the uninstall process. Repeat this step for any other suspicious programs you may have found.
2. The second step to remove Customer Promos is to remove any unwanted browser add-ons and extensions that may have installed from each web browser on your computer.
|Go to Customize and control Google Chrome > More Tools > Extensions
|Go to Menu > Add-ons
|Microsoft Internet Explorer
|Go to Tools > Manage add-ons
|Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions
3. The third step to remove Customer Promos is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. Open Malwarebytes and click the large blue Scan Now button to begin a scan.
6. Once the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and Finish button afterwards. If Malwarebytes suggests that you restart your computer please do so.
7. The fourth step to remove Customer Promos is to scan your computer and eradicate malicious files using HitmanPro; a reputable second-opinion scan and removal tool.
9. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
10. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button and then click the Reboot button. *To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. The fifth step to remove Customer Promos is to clean-up and repair settings with CCleaner.
13. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
14. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
15. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.