What is PC Speed Clean?
PC Speed Clean (by Downloadius S.A.R.L or other publisher) is a non-beneficial Windows Optimization program that makes its way onto a computer system alongside third-party potentially unwanted programs and malware using aggressive marketing tactics. Once PC Speed Clean is installed, the program will begin to scan the computer for system related errors, COM and Active X errors, and more.
The scan results will always claim that a very large amount of errors are found and that the System Registry health status is in danger with a high damage level; However, the fix all errors the user must purchase the full version.
This is one of the reasons why malware and internet security analysts and vendors have flagged this questionable software as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the scareware category of possible computer threats.
Furthermore, if potential PC Speed Clean malware is installed a computer may be introduced to additional unwanted programs, malware, and other malicious traces. This optimization program often bundles with adware used to access and collect user information in order to add users to marketing lists and serve targeted advertisements. Additional programs and browser attachments (add-ons and extensions) may need to be removed to eradicate any potential threats on a computer system.
How to remove PC Speed Clean (Virus Removal)
This PC Speed Clean removal guide contains instructions to remove PC Speed Clean virus and uninstall Downloadius S.A.R.L programs from Microsoft Windows. Get rid of fake PC Speed Clean scareware and other malware with the steps provided on this webpage.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove PC Speed Clean and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
If permitted, use the instructions below to manually uninstall PC Speed Clean from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
How to uninstall PC Speed Clean
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for PC Speed Clean by Downloadius S.a.r.l. and other potentially unwanted software. Once the potentially rogue Windows program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any instructions that may prompt to completely remote this program.