The PC Mechanic 2015 virus is a term for a potentially unwanted program (PUP) found in the scareware category of possible computer threats that uses deceptive means to access a computer system and create customers. PC Mechanic 2015 is primarily promoted as a free utility that can be used to remove junk files, fix Windows registry errors, fix performance issues, and repair startup programs; However, potential PC Mechanic 2015 malware is not free and will insist that users purchase the program after the initial scan is complete.
Malware and Security analysts have also concluded that potential PC Mechanic 2015 malware is essentially non-beneficial and offers no realistic value or security to a computer system. The tasks that the questionable Windows Optimizer performs are said to be misleading and the scan results are used to frighten computer users into purchasing the non-beneficial product.
- PC Mechanic 2015 bundles with unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats.
- PC Mechanic 2015 allows third-party programs to automatically install.
- PC Mechanic 2015 is advertisement supported.
- PC Mechanic 2015 is difficult to uninstall.
How does PC Mechanic 2015 get onto a computer?
PC Mechanic 2015 is often promoted through questionable advertisements and free downloadable content, including freeware, shareware, and torrents. In many causes users will be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install PC Mechanic 2015 and other programs during the installation process of third-party freeware, but the user request to decline the program from installing is usually ignored and the program will install against user consent.
In other cases, an existing infection will cause PC Mechanic 2015 to automatically install without user knowledge.
How to remove PC Mechanic 2015
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall PC Mechanic 2015 from Windows
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing PC Mechanic 2015. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Open the Anti-Malware program after the program is installed.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to install updates if prompted to do so.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall PC Mechanic 2015 using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall PC Mechanic 2015 from Windows
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for PC Mechanic 2015. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.