What is NvProfileUpdater64.exe?
NvProfileUpdater64.exe is a GPU miner installed by the Cloud Packager Trojan. The Cloud Packager Trojan creates two separate miners called NvProfileUpdater64.exe and wdf.exe to mine for digital currency. NvProfileUpdater64.exe uses your GPU, or video card, to mine for coins and the wdf.exe executable uses your computer’s CPU processing power.
It is difficult to tell if your computer has been infected by this miner. The usual symptoms are listed below and can help you determine if this miner is installed.
- The trojan will create an uninstall entry called Cloud Packager 184.108.40.206.
- The trojan will run multiple Windows services called WDF Sound and NVIDIA driver profile updater in the Task Manager.
- The NvProfileUpdater64.exe miner will run with the name of NVIDIA driver profile updater.
- The wdf.exe miner will run a process with the name of Microso
Furthermore, the NvProfileUpdater64.exe miner can affect computer functionality and cause your computer to become slow and graphics to lag or stutter. Programs will launch slower and become slower in general over a period of time.
How was NvProfileUpdater64.exe installed?
The NvProfileUpdater64.exe miner is created and installed by a Trojan named Cloud Packager.
Cloud Packager often bundles with third-party programs and can be offered as a custom installation by freeware and other downloadable content such as codecs, media players, and updates; However, the installation process typically does not allow the user to reject Cloud Packager from installing and the Trojan will install anyways.
It is important to avoid installing free programs online that offer this program as an installation because they are not usually safe to download themselves.
How to remove NvProfileUpdater64.exe
The NvProfileUpdater64.exe removal steps on this page will remove the NvProfileUpdater64.exe miner, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer.
2. Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete. (Some versions will bypass many of these steps)
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
8. Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
9. Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
10. On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
11. Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
12. Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
14. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
15. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
16. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
17. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
18. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
19. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
20. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
21. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
22. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
Your computer should now be free of potentially unwanted programs, malware, and other threats. If you have any issues please leave a comment in the comment section below.