How to remove NotToTrack (Virus Removal Guide)
NotToTrack (NotToTrack virus) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that infects your computer alongside other potentially unwanted programs, adware, spyware, malware, and computer viruses. The term “NotToTrack” is used to describe a number of programs and browser attachments. This means that if this threat is installed on your computer you might find a program or browser attachment such as hideyoursearch installed and not a program named NotToTrack.
In some cases, the NotToTrack program might be offered as a custom installation before you install freeware and dubious items like codecs, media players, and updates; However, the installation process will not allow the user to reject NotToTrack from installing as the user requested. The option to accept or decline the program from installing may also be confusing and the user may accidentally install the threat.
It is important to avoid installing free programs online that offer this program such as Prime Updater because they are not usually safe to download themselves.
NotToTrack is known to be advertised on websites alongside malware, adware, spyware, and malicious threats. This means that if you found NotToTrack installed on your computer it is likely that your computer is infected with other malicious programs and files that should be removed to secure your safety.
Follow the instructions on this page to completely remove the NotToTrack adware, viruses, and malware from your computer.
Remove malware with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove malware with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.