MultiSurveys (also known as Adware.MultiSurveys) is recognized as adware that generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. An MultiSurveys adware infection can easily be diagnosed if you notice pop-up advertisements in your web browser that say “Ads by MultiSurveys” on them.
MultiSurveys adware often bundles inside third-party programs downloaded by the user; be that accidentally, or on purpose. The way this usually happens is by downloading a program or file from a questionable source. Downloading items like freeware, download managers and torrent files will result in a potentially unwanted programs infecting your computer system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, downloading it from a malicious distributor will lead to infection.
If you have previously contracted or accidentally downloaded a malicious program or file, MultiSurveys adware could have been downloaded in the background without your authority. Furthermore, you might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or necessary program. Malicious authors often hide the download behind a terms and conditions page, effectively tricking users into downloading adware. In some instances MultiSurveys may be advertised as an extension or program to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download.
If you have noticed MultiSurveys ads in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari browsers it is recommended to remove the adware immediately and scan your computer with reputable software to locate additional threats that may have been introduced to your system alongside this adware.
|Name||MultiSurveys, Adware.MultiSurveys, MultiSurveys virus *This infection is not technically defined as a computer virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)|
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
MultiSurveys Removal Instructions
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall MultiSurveys and unwanted programs
- Remove MultiSurveys extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall MultiSurveys and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall MultiSurveys and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for MultiSurveys Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled MultiSurveys, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove MultiSurveys extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MultiSurveys extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the MultiSurveys add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the MultiSurveys add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the MultiSurveys extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.