Media PlayerVidEd (Media PlayerVidEd virus) is advertisement-supported freeware with a bad online reputation. Media PlayerVidEd is promoted as a free media player, but it may cause problems for many computer and internet users alike other advertisement-supported media players found in the adware category of computer threats, such as Key Player.
Potential Media PlayerVidEd malware is referred to as the “Media PlayerVidEd virus” even though it is not defined as a computer virus because the adware is known to be destructive, it can create and modify browser and system settings, and it primarily bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats that can cause further issues and will need to be eradicated.
Media PlayerVidEd adware and similar objects that it may bundle with often have permission to access, collect, and modify browser data and settings, including all activities, bookmarks, history, homepages, and more. In turn, Media PlayerVidEd will generate pop-up advertisements and cause browser redirects, plus other unwanted activities that may violate user privacy and decrease computer performance.
How to remove Media PlayerVidEd
This Media PlayerVidEd removal guide will help you completely remove the Media PlayerVidEd virus, other unwanted programs, additional malware, and get rid of ads by Media PlayerVidEd on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. If you need assistance removing this infection please call our toll free number at 1-888-879-0084.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Media PlayerVidEd
- Step 4: Remove Media PlayerVidEd browser attachments
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Media PlayerVidEd. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Media PlayerVidEd using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Media PlayerVidEd
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Media PlayerVidEd. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Media PlayerVidEd browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Media PlayerVidEd extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Media PlayerVidEd add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Media PlayerVidEd add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.