How to Remove the “Management” Extension from Chrome & Chromium
The Management browser extension for Google Chrome and Google Chromium browsers is one of the most intrusive and malicious browser attachments I have ever witnessed. It is similar to the Internal Chromium Extension extension and often comes bundled alongside it. Once the Management extension is installed it will gather a large amount of data about you, track you, capture an image of your screen, turn your microphone on, turn your camera on, and basically take over all of your browser settings. *This extension is in no way affiliated with Google or the Chromium browser.
THe Management extension can also change your homepage, the page you see when opening a new tab, and existing search engine to a new website. This causes the affected browser to redirect to a new web page when you open a new window, open a new tab, or simply search the web.
The extension has a very large amount of permissions that basically allow it to do anything it wants.
- Access the page debugger backend
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Read and change your browsing history on all your signed-in devices
- Display notifications
- Read and change your bookmarks
- Read and modify data and copy and paste
- Capture content of your screen
- Manage your downloads
- Detect your physical location
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes
- Communicate with cooperating native applications
- Change your privacy-related settings
One of the biggest concerns with the extension is that it is often advertised on websites that display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found the Management extension attached to your browser or have visited a website that displays Management advertisements, it is likely that your computer has been introduced to other threats (such as search Movies) that should be removed.
Management removal steps
Follow the Management removal steps on this page to remove the Management extension from Google Chrome and other browsers. The steps will help you remove other malicious threats that can cluster with the Management extension such as malware, viruses, adware, and spyware.
STEP 1: Remove the browser extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Management extension to remove it.
STEP 2: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 3: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Double click the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.