IncreaseApp (also searched for as IncreaseApp virus) is detected as a potentially unwanted program or PUP by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The reason for this is because IncreaseApp is known to utilize questionable tactics to enter a computer system, and once it installs it will collect personal browsing data and use the data to generate ‘targeted’ style advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
What is IncreaseApp?
IncreaseApp does not have a legitimate description provided by the author or download managers that promote it. However, similar adware type programs are commonly advertised as free web shopping companions that can help you find online coupons and deals.
Potential IncreaseApp malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by IncreaseApp are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
IncreaseApp adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove IncreaseApp if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
IncreaseApp and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. IncreaseApp is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that IncreaseApp adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”IncreaseApp overview”]
- IncreaseApp bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- IncreaseApp is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- IncreaseApp injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- IncreaseApp makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove IncreaseApp virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove IncreaseApp virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove IncreaseApp
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove IncreaseApp virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “IncreaseApp” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing IncreaseApp we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove IncreaseApp.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove IncreaseApp
How to uninstall IncreaseApp
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for IncreaseApp in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click IncreaseApp to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find IncreaseApp in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove IncreaseApp below.[/note]
How to remove IncreaseApp add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the IncreaseApp extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the IncreaseApp add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the IncreaseApp extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find IncreaseApp in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove IncreaseApp below.[/note]
IncreaseApp virus removal tips
- If you do not find IncreaseApp in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing IncreaseApp you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411