PureLeisureFun ads is an internet browser extension for Google Chrome that displays advertisements and promotes online flash games. There’s really not much to the PureLeisureFun ads extension, serving advertisements is basically all it does.
In addition, the PureLeisureFun ads extension has permission to read your browsing history, even when you’re in incognito mode. So, aside from showing you unwanted advertisements while you browse the web, the PureLeisureFun ads extension also tracks and gathers your browsing data which can then be sold to or shared with third-parties for unknown purposes.
To make matters worse, the PureLeisureFun ads extension is typically advertised by malicious advertising networks and on websites that host malware or promote malware. This is a concern because it could mean that your computer was introduced to malware and other cybersecurity threats.
Follow the instructions below to remove the PureLeisureFun ads extension from Chrome and scan your computer for malware that may have been introduced to your computing device.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (3 dot icon) and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the Remove button next to the PureLeisureFun ads extension.
3. Next, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer for malware and potentially unwanted programs.
4. To install Malwarebytes, double-click the executable file you just downloaded, or open the file from your browser window. The file can usually be found in the Downloads folder.
5. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
6. When Malwarebytes is installed, launch the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard (or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button).
7. When the scan been completed, click the Quarantine Selected button.
8. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
9. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
10. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Downloads folder.
11. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
12. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
13. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
14. Click the Reboot button.