This Ge-Force removal guide will help you remove the Ge-Force virus and uninstall malware from Windows to get rid of unwanted ads by Ge-Force on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is Ge-Force?
Ge-Force is a suspicious application that has been flagged by the Internet Security industry as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) in the adware family of computer threats. Ge-Force is associated with browser add-ons and extensions that have permissions set allowing them to access user browser data, such as a user’s complete browsing activities and history. User browser data helps the adware deliver targeted advertisements.
Potential Ge-Force malware employs browser add-ons and extensions that can change existing browser settings such as browser shortcuts, bookmarks, homepages, default search engines, themes and more. This will cause internet browsers redirects to and start-ups to questionable websites.
This unwanted program is sometimes referred to as the Ge-Force virus by the public, but it’s not a computer virus. This adware has been noted to bundle with third-party Potentially Unwanted Programs, possible malware, and malicious traces.
If you notice ads by Ge-Force on Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer while browsing the internet, it is very likely that additional items are also installed and will need to be removed to stop unwanted pop-up ads, browser redirects, and other unwanted activities.
How to remove Ge-Force (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Ge-Force and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Ge-Force adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Ge-Force
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select ‘Programs and Features’).
2. From the Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Ge-Force in the list of installed programs. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove Ge-Force add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Ge-Force add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Ge-Force extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Ge-Force add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Ge-Force add-on and remove it if located.