Friendly Error (also searched for as Friendly Error virus) is deceptive adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) with a high detection ratio that injects the webpages you visit with advertisements. Ads generated by this adware type program usually say Ads by Friendly Error, Friendly Error Ads, or brought by Friendly Error on them and can be generated across multiple internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Potential Friendly Error malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Friendly Error are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you and your current and past browsing habits.
Friendly Error adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Friendly Error if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Friendly Error and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Friendly Error is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Friendly Error adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove Friendly Error
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Uninstall Friendly Error
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Friendly Error virus with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall Friendly Error
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Friendly Error in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Friendly Error to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Friendly Error in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Friendly Error extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Friendly Error add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Friendly Error extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Friendly Error virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Friendly Error” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Friendly Error we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Friendly Error.[/note]
Friendly Error virus removal tips
- If you do not find Friendly Error in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Friendly Error you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411