CoupoExtension (CoupoExtension virus) is adware that is known to access user browsing data and manufacture targeted advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. CoupoExtension adware usually bundles with other potentially unwanted programs that can cause additional issues for computer and internet users.
One of the biggest concerns with the CoupoExtension virus (although not technically defined as a computer virus) is that it serves ‘targeted’ advertisements to users while they browse the internet. This is a privacy concern because targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if it has access to user browsing data, such as all browsing activities, bookmarks, app data, and browser history. This information is observed and used to generate advertisements it feels users are most likely to click on.
Furthermore, potential CoupoExtension malware primarily bundles with additional unwanted programs, malware, and other possible malicious threats. This means that it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs from Windows and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Many of these programs can not easily be found on a computer system without third-party security software.
CoupoExtension adware and the programs that it bundles with also schedule new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time Windows starts and remain enabled. Programs and browser attachments that bundle with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements including browser redirects and a loss in computer and internet functionality.
CoupoExtension adware is usually contracted without consent or knowledge of the computer user alongside third-party programs and files, such as freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other free downloadable content. The potentially unwanted programs and files that deliver the adware can be introduced to a computer system and affected internet browsers with or without user authorization.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free programs and files online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a ‘custom’ offer to install CoupoExtension adware and other programs during the setup and installation process. However, the request to decline CoupoExtension adware from installing is often presented in a very confusing manner. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline CoupoExtension from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
How to remove CoupoExtension
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove CoupoExtension extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall CoupoExtension malware from Windows
- Step 3: Remove CoupoExtension virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove CoupoExtension extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click Customize and control Google Chrome on the top menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the CoupoExtension extension in the list and click the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the CoupoExtension add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the CoupoExtension extension in the list and click Uninstall.
Step 2: Uninstall CoupoExtension malware from Windows
1. On Windows Start Menu go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for CoupoExtension in the list of installed programs and double click it to begin the uninstall process. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove CoupoExtension virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.