Coupcoup (also searched for as Coupcoup virus, Coup coup) is adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) with a high detection ratio. Coupcoup adware injects the webpages you visit with advertisements which usually say Ads by Coupcoup, Coupcoup Ads, or brought by Coupcoup on them. Coupcoup ads can be generated across multiple internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Potential Coupcoup malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Coupcoup are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you and your current and past browsing habits.
Coupcoup adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Coupcoup if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Coupcoup and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Coupcoup is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Coupcoup adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove Coupcoup
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Uninstall Coupcoup
- Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Coupcoup virus with Malwarebytes
- Call Tech Support: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Uninstall Coupcoup
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for Coupcoup in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Coupcoup to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Coupcoup in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Coupcoup extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Coupcoup add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Coupcoup extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Scan your computer and remove Coupcoup virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Coupcoup” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Coupcoup we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Coupcoup.[/note]
Coupcoup virus removal tips
- If you do not find Coupcoup in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Coupcoup you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411