ConvertApps virus is a misused term commonly used to describe a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. ConvertApps is not a computer virus. It is adware that is primarily used to access a PC without user knowledge, collect user browsing data, and inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive advertisements. ConvertApps ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by ConvertApps are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove ConvertApps if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension.
[fancy_box title=”ConvertApps overview”]
- The ConvertApps extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The ConvertApps extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- ConvertApps bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- ConvertApps is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- ConvertApps injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- ConvertApps makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove ConvertApps (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove ConvertApps with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove ConvertApps
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove ConvertApps with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “ConvertApps” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing ConvertApps we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove ConvertApps.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove ConvertApps
How to uninstall ConvertApps
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for ConvertApps in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click ConvertApps to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find ConvertApps in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove ConvertApps below.[/note]
How to remove ConvertApps add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ConvertApps extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the ConvertApps add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ConvertApps extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find ConvertApps in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove ConvertApps below.[/note]
Tips to remove ConvertApps
- If you do not find ConvertApps in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing ConvertApps you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411