How to block click-to-have-fun.online notification messages
If pop-up notification messages from click-to-have-fun.online are appearing while you browse the web on Google Chrome it means that there is a security issue with your Chrome notification settings. Click-to-have-fun.online is a malicious website that uses rogue browser extensions, aggressive and deceptive advertisements, and potentially malicious programs to take over your notification settings in order to promote third-party malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), and browser extensions.
While you’re browsing the web you might notice messages that say click-to-have-fun.online wants to show notifications or “You are trying to close this page. Click Allow to close now.” These messages are designed to trick you into clicking the Allow button which adds the URL to the allow list and enables the site to show you pop-up notification messages
If you receive a pop-up notification message from click-to-have-fun.online it means that the message is not legitimate, there is no movie, file, or message ready for you to view or download. The message just wants you to download and install a rogue browser extension, a potentially unwanted program (PUP), or malware.
In some cases notification messages can be from a legitimate source such as a website that you recently attempted to download something from. However, this is not the case with messages sent from click-to-have-fun.online.
If you want to remove click-to-have-fun.online pop-up messages here is a guide that shows you how to turn off Google Chrome notifications and block or remove notifications that you do not want to see from click-to-have-fun.online and other sites.
Block click-to-have-fun.online notifications
- Go to Settings > Advanced > Privacy and security > Content settings > Notifications (or visit: chrome://settings/content/notifications).
- To turn off Google Chrome notification messages move the blue toggle next to the Ask before sending feature. It will say Blocked when this is complete.
- To block or remove a specific notification that you do not want to see go to Allow and locate the website the notification is from in the list. Click the URL settings and select Block or Remove to either block or remove the site from showing you notifications. You can also manually add the URL of the website you want to block to the Block list
Scan your computer for malware
The best way to remove malicious threats and potentially unwanted programs from your computer is to scan your computer for malware using Malwarebytes and HitmanPro software. Malwarebytes and HitmanPro will locate and eradicate cyber threats and other malicious files installed on your machine automatically.
1. Download and Install Malwarebytes to run a scan and remove malicious files from your computer.
2. Once installed, open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
4. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
5. Download and Install HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files.
6. Once installed, open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
7. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
8. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
9. Click the Reboot button.