Cinema Video Plus (also known as Cinema Video Plus 2.3cV27.11) is detected as a potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in the adware category of computer threats that primarily utilizes aggressive marketing tactics in order to infiltrate a computer system without direct user knowledge. Internet users will become bombarded with ads by Cinema Video Plus on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer once Cinema Video Plus adware has been contracted.
Furthermore, in order to remove Cinema Video Plus adware and stop all unwanted activities from occurring it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove additional browser add-ons and extensions. This is because potential Cinema Video Plus malware often bundles with supplementary items and is also used as an advertising platform for similar freeware.
This unwanted program is sometimes referred to as the “Cinema Video Plus virus” although this item is entirely adware and is not defined as a computer virus. However, potential Cinema Video Plus malware will frequently bundle with additional adware, unwanted programs, and malicious files that may introduce users to other unwanted activities and threats.
How to remove Cinema Video Plus
This Cinema Video Plus removal guide will help you completely remove the Cinema Video Plus virus, other unwanted programs, additional malware, and get rid of ads by Cinema Video Plus (Cinema Video Plus 2.3cV27.11) on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for Cinema Video Plus malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall Cinema Video Plus
- Step 4: Remove Cinema Video Plus browser attachments
Step 1: Scan your computer for Cinema Video Plus malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing Cinema Video Plus. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Cinema Video Plus (also known as Cinema Video Plus 2.3cV27.11) using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall Cinema Video Plus
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Cinema Video Plus (also known as Cinema Video Plus 2.3cV27.11). Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove Cinema Video Plus browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Cinema Video Plus extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Cinema Video Plus add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Cinema Video Plus add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.