BrickBooster (BrickBooster virus, Brick Booster) is the title of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is known to bombard internet users with pop-up advertisements. BrickBooster is detected as adware by reputable security vendors because the ad-supported program collects user browsing data, including all browsing activities, bookmarks, and history in order to serve targeted advertisements it feels users are susceptible to click on. Furthermore, BrickBooster frequently bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and various computer threats that will need to be eradicated in order to remove BrickBooster ads and stop all unwanted activities and active threats.
BrickBooster Removal Guide
- Step 1: Scan your computer for BrickBooster malware
- Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall BrickBooster
- Step 4: Remove BrickBooster browser attachments
Step 1: Scan your computer for BrickBooster malware
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing BrickBooster malware. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually perform a scan for BrickBooster malware. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the Anti-Malware scan is complete and results have been preseneted, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can additionally chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall BrickBooster using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Uninstall BrickBooster
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for BrickBooster. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. Repeat the steps to remove additional unwanted programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Remove BrickBooster browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BrickBooster extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the BrickBooster add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the BrickBooster add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.