Boggles.co (boggles.co virus) is a search engine with a bad online reputation. Programs used to promote the search engine, such as SearchSuggest have been reported to modify existing settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer against user consent in order to cause browser redirects to http://boggles.co and other websites. Programs used to promote boggles.co are found in the browser hijacker category of computer threats.
Furthermore, programs used to promote Boggles search engine will continuously cause affected internet browsers to redirect to and start-up on boggles.co and other websites when users open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the browser address or omni bar.
Browser helper objects (BHOs), add-ons, and extensions that cause redirects to boggles.co may have permission to access, collect, control, read, and modify existing Internet browser settings, as well as install additional software.
How to remove boggles.co
This boggles.co removal guide will help you completely remove boggles.co virus and malware from your computer in order to stop unwanted browser redirects to boggles.co and other websites. Follow each step below to completely get rid of this infection and repair corrupted settings.
- Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
- Step 3: Uninstall unwanted software
- Step 4: Remove browser attachments
- Step 5: Remove boggles.co search engine
- Step 6: Remove boggles.co homepage
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can additionally chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface. This will clean up unnecessary junk that may have been introduced to your computer.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.
Step 3: Uninstall unwanted software
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for unwanted program(s) and double click it or select the program in the list and select the Uninstall button.
Step 4: Remove browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the boggles.co extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the boggles.co add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the boggles.co add-on, click it, and click the Remove button.
Step 5: Remove boggles.co search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove boggles.co search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove boggles.co search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to boggles.co search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.boggles.co/ is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
Step 6: Remove boggles.co homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove boggles.co.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove boggles.co.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove boggles.co.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.