bLeengo is categorized as a potentially malicious browser extension with a very low trust rating. The bLeengo extension has intrusive permissions that can invade your privacy and modify your browser settings without your consent; resulting in unwanted redirected browser searches.
According to the bLeengo extension for Google Chrome’s public permissions it can read and change all your data on the websites you visit; However, it does not mention that it will change your search settings to ble.eanswers.com, search.yahoo.com, and other search engines.
If you perform a search in the address or omni bar after the extension has modified your search settings you will be redirected to a new search engine that says “Search engine selected by bLeengo (more).”
The extension generates revenue from the advertisements displayed on websites it redirects you to, sponsored search content, information it sells about you, and from affiliated downloads its able to make.
To make matters worse, the bLeengo extension is advertised on websites alongside malware, adware, spyware, and other malicious threats. This means that if you found bLeengo attached to your internet browser without your consent or knowledge it is likely that your computer is infected with other malicious programs.
The extension is also automatically installed without user consent and knowledge by third-party malware, adware, and download managers. These third-party objects will also infect your computer with additional malware and other threats.
The bLeengo extension will be able to gather a lot of information about you and control your browser. The extension has permissions that allow it to read and change all your data on the websites you visit (such as the things you search for and type into text fields). The extension can also display notifications and modify data you copy and paste.
Some users have complained about the extension stating that is is malware, keeps automatically installing after removal, and more.
How to remove bLeengo virus
This bLeengo removal guide will help you remove bLeengo virus, malware, and other threats and extensions from your browser or PC. Follow each step below to remove this infection and protect yourself, friends, and your family from cyber criminals.
- Step 1: Remove bLeengo extension
- Step 2: Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
- Step 3: Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
- Step 4: Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
- Step 5: Manually repair browser settings (Optional)
1. Remove bLeengo extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the trashcan icon next to the Chrome extension you want to remove.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Click Remove next to the Firefox add-on you want to remove.
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Select the Internet Explorer add-on you want to remove with your mouse and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Click the Uninstall button next to the Safari extension you want to remove.
2. Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
3. Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
4. Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.