How to remove Wordinator (Virus Removal Steps)
How to remove Wordinator (Virus Removal Steps)
Wordinator (also searched for as Wordinator virus) is an ad-supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that is known to infiltrate a computer system and the internet browsers that it affects without user consent or knowledge. Once Wordinator adware has entered a machine it will access and gather user browsing data, corrupt existing internet browser settings (such as the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut), and will ultimately inject currently visited webpages with intrusive ‘targeted’ style pop-up advertisements.
Wordinator adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Wordinator are known as ‘targeted’ ads because they must use your browsing information (including your browser history and bookmarks) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Wordinator adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Wordinator if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
What is Wordinator?
Wordinator is usually promoted as a web shopping utility and application that can help you find online deals and coupons relative to the content you are viewing or have viewed online.
How did Wordinator get on my computer?
Wordinator and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Wordinator is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Wordinator adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Wordinator overview”]
- Wordinator bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Wordinator is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Wordinator injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Wordinator makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Wordinator virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Wordinator virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Wordinator
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Wordinator virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Wordinator” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Wordinator we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Wordinator.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Wordinator
How to uninstall Wordinator
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Wordinator in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Wordinator to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Wordinator in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Wordinator below.[/note]
How to remove Wordinator add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Wordinator extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Wordinator add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Wordinator extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Wordinator in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Wordinator below.[/note]
Wordinator virus removal tips
- If you do not find Wordinator in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Wordinator you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411