How to remove Tweakerbit Antimalware (Removal Guide)
What is Tweakerbit Antimalware?
Tweakerbit Antimalware (also searched for as Tweakerbit Antimalware virus) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is promoted as “a strong and all-round protection against all types of malware including spyware, adware, Trojans and others.” The potentially unwanted program claims to have “several anti-malware functions that provide quick actions against malwares and other threats.”
Once Tweakerbit Antimalware is installed it will create a task to run every time you start your computer, automatically launch, and begin to scan your computer. When the scan is complete it will show a list of files it detected. The program might detect some malware but it will also detect harmless and legitimate files and list them as a threat. This is most likely to boost the amount of detections it found in order to cause FUD and obtain customers based off of deceptive information that might frighten them. In order to use Tweakerbit Antimalware, you must purchase the program for $30.00 USD. It is not actually free to use.
The potentially unwanted program will also continuously show pop-up alerts and notifications that say a numerical amount of issues are slowing down your PC or that your system contains a certain amount of issues. In addition, the program will generate pop-up advertisements that bolster other programs published by Tweakerbit including Tweakerbit Registry Optimizer and Tweakerbit Uninstaller Pro.
- Tweakerbit Antimalware is detected as malicious by a large amount of Antivirus programs.
The program may also be difficult to uninstall manually. It is known to remain on the system and display pop-up notifications that promote software published by the developer.
To make matters worse, the Tweakerbit Antimalware PUP is usually advertised on websites that also bolster malware, adware, spyware, computer viruses, and other malicious threats. Websites that contain prohibited content such as illegal video streams, torrents, and pornography will utilize unethical adverting networks that will promote this program and other threats at the same time. This means that if you found Tweakerbit Antimalware installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is likely that your computer is also infected with other unwanted programs, malware, and major security threats that should be removed.
How was Tweakerbit Antimalware installed?
The Tweakerbit Antimalware program is known to download and install without user consent. This is usually performed by a third-party download manager or Trojan downloader that has initially infected the computer.
The Tweakerbit Antimalware program is also offered by freeware and other programs as a custom installation; However, the installation process typically does not allow the user to reject Tweakerbit Antimalware from installing and the program will install anyways.
It is important to avoid installing free programs online that offer this program as an installation because they are not usually safe to download themselves.
Tweakerbit Antimalware removal steps
The Tweakerbit Antimalware removal guide on this page will remove Tweakerbit Antimalware, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer.
2. Launch the executable file to begin installing Malwarebytes. It can usually be found in the “Downloads” folder.
3. Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete. *Some versions of the program utilize a different installation procedure.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
8. Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
9. Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
10. On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
11. Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
12. Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
14. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
15. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
16. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
17. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
18. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
19. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
20. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
21. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
22. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
Your computer should now be free of potentially unwanted programs, malware, and other threats. If you have any issues please leave a comment in the comment section below.