TVStreamSurfer is a browser hijacker that takes over your homepage, default search engine, and new tab page. When you are affected by TVStreamSurfer your browser will start-up on a TVStreamSurfer webpage, such as search.tvstreamsurfer.com, and your browser will redirect to the same webpage when you perform a search in the address bar. Native and cooperating browser applications (including the TVStreamSurfer extension for Google Chrome) are used to replace existing internet browser settings once they have been installed. The TVStreamSurfer extension also permissions set allowing it read and change data on the websites you visit while it is enabled.
The TVStreamSurfer extension for Google Chrome has permissions allow it to perform these tasks:
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Communicate with cooperating websites
- Change your search settings to: search.tvstreamsurfer.com
Major concerns with the TVStreamSurfer extension is that it is usually advertised on malicious websites and alongside malicous advertisements. The extension can also bundle with potentially unwanted programs and malware.
TVStreamSurfer Distribution Method
TVStreamSurfer and other objects that can cause your browser to redirect to search.tvstreamsurfer.com are usually promoted in advertisements on media and torrenting websites. The user might be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something that it is not.
TVStreamSurfer Removal Instructions
These TVStreamSurfer removal instructions will help you completely remove TVStreamSurfer, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer.
- Remove TVStreamSurfer extension
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Remove TVStreamSurfer extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TVStreamSurfer extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the TVStreamSurfer add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the TVStreamSurfer add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the TVStreamSurfer extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
2. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
3. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
4. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.