TrailerTime (TrailerTime – TrailerTime for Desktop) is a potentially unwanted program and adware that typically enters a computer system that it infects without direct user consent or knowledge. It may also utilize deceptive marketing tactics designed to get users to accidentally install it. Once TrailerTime adware has been contracted it will edit Windows registry, create new tasks that allow it to run every time Windows starts, collect personal browsing data, and generate advertisements in the affected web browser.
|Name(s)||TrailerTime, TrailerTime virus, TrailerTime – TrailerTime for Desktop, Trailer Time|
|Short Description||This adware is promoted as a free desktop media tool.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||This adware bundles with freeware and dubious files and is promoted by deceptive advertisements.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is TrailerTime?
TrailerTime is promoted as a free desktop media tool that allows you to watch the latest movie trailers from your desktop in HD. Even if the browser extension does what it claims to do it can cause many problems. However, we found that the program does not work properly and would not show us proper HD videos. Most trailers would error without playing.
The adware is often promoted by third-party software bundlers, trojan downloaders, download managers, dubious files, and misleading advertisements like the advertisement above which claims that the program will allow you to “download movies” for free (the program only displays trailers). The advertisements primarily generate on media related websites including torrent websites and video streaming sites that utilize unethical advertising platforms. The advertisement above for this program was located on a live streaming sports website.
TrailerTime Removal Guide
TrailerTime and other programs that it may arrive on your computer with can usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove TrailerTime and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
- Step 1: Uninstall TrailerTime from Windows
- Step 2: Remove TrailerTime add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove TrailerTime virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove TrailerTime malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall TrailerTime from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall TrailerTime and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find TrailerTime installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for TrailerTime and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select TrailerTime with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled TrailerTime look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove TrailerTime add-ons and extensions
Follow the instructions to remove TrailerTime add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a TrailerTime attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove TrailerTime from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TrailerTime extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the TrailerTime add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the TrailerTime extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove TrailerTime virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove TrailerTime with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove TrailerTime malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove TrailerTime with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.