LolyKey (LolyKey virus) is a cross-browser adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that usually infects a computer system without direct user knowledge. Intenret users will become bombareded by LolyKey ads once this adware has been contracted. The advertisements will arrive in different styles including generic pop-up coupons and deals, as well as in-text ads that appear when a mouse hovers over unlined words on a webpage. Most ads displayed by this adware can be identified with by text that says “Ads by LolyKey” on them.
LolyKey adware is a realistic privacy concern because it generates what are known as ‘targeted’ advertisements and targeted advertisements can only be produced by the adware if the unwanted program has obtained unauthorized access to personal browsing data including all browsing activities, bookmarks, and browser history.
Furthermore, LolyKey bundles with other potentially unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats. In order to get rid of ads by LolyKey and stop other unwanted symptoms it will probably be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
Third-party programs and malware that can bundle with LolyKey adware will cause other issues aside from pop-up advertisements. Other issues include unwanted browser redirects to sponsored webpages, decreased computer productivity, and decreased internet speed.
LolyKey adware and the additional programs that it bundles with also manufacture new tasks and change existing Windows start-up settings in order to run every time the operating system starts and remain enabled if disabled by the user. Programs and browser attachments that may arrive with this deceptive piece of adware can also cause other issues for computer and internet users aside from pop-up advertisements, including browser redirections and a loss in computer functionality and internet connectivity.
Even though the LolyKey virus is not technically defined as a computer virus or malicious parasite, the unwanted program is still a threat or the sign of a very severe computer infection. Since LolyKey is known to download and install alongside third-party malware, malicious files, and additional potentially unwanted programs, including browser hijackers like mys.yoursearch.me, it will be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser objects in order to stop all unwanted activities caused by this program and others from occurring. Apart from manually eradicating the program and others that it bundles with, files may remain undetected to the average computer user. That is why the professional internet security community recommends to use a reputable anti-malware product to remove LolyKey and malicious files that it may bundle with.
How did LolyKey get on my computer?
LolyKey adware and the programs and potential threats that it bundles with are usually contracted without user consent alongside freeware, shareware, torrent files, and other downloadable content.
Computer and internet users who seek to download and install free items online may be presented with an opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install LolyKey adware and other programs. The offer may claim that this program can be used to enhance your online shopping experience. However, the request to decline LolyKey adware from installing is often presented in a very deceptive manner, which can make it confusing for a computer user to avoid. In some cases, the download manager may completely ignore the user request to decline LolyKey from installing and the adware will install against user consent and knowledge.
How to remove LolyKey (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove LolyKey extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall LolyKey from Windows
- Step 3: Remove LolyKey virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove LolyKey extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
Virus Removal Helpline
[button link=”tel:1-888-986-8411″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#e31616″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”border” fullwidth=”true”]Click to call![/button]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the LolyKey extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the LolyKey add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the LolyKey extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall LolyKey from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for LolyKey and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove LolyKey virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will be directed to a list of threats found by the program including PUP.Optional.LolyKey.A. Click the Remove Selected button, click the Finish button, and reboot your computer when promoted to do so.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.