Jogostempo.com is a questionable search engine that is usually promoted through a variety of potentially unwanted programs and browser attachments. Programs and browser attachments that promote this sponsored search engine are known to download and install without user knowledge. Once installed they change existing internet browser settings of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and other affected internet browsers in order to cause browser redirects to jogostempo.com, crusharcade.com, and other sponsored webpages.
Programs and browser add-ons and extensions used to promote the Jogostempo.com search engine are detected as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and found in the browser hijacker category of computer threats by many Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs.
There are multiple programs used to promote this sponsored search engine, and that means it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from each affected internet browser in order to completely stop browser redirects to the website and all other unwanted activities from occurring.
When infected with the Jogostempo.com virus, browser redirects will occur when a user opens a new browser window, opens a new browser tab, or searches the web using the browser address bar. This is because changes are made to the homepage, default search engine, browser shortcut, and Windows Registry. The website will add http://www.jogostempo.com?oem=unknown&uid=SG12412&tm=<timestamp> to an affected browser’s shortcut so that the website is opened every time you launch your browser. This method also makes it difficult to remove without special tools. Furthermore, the website will add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Google\Chrome\HomepageLocation and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Google\Chrome\RestoreOnStartupURLs\1 to Windows Registry to automatically open Chrome on the website.
Programs used to promote this search engine are known to bundle with additional unwanted programs, malware, and malicious files. Programs used to promote this search engine many not be found on your computer to manually remove.
How to remove Jogostempo.com
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Jogostempo.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove Jogostempo.com homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
4. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove Jogostempo.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove Jogostempo.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove Jogostempo.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to Jogostempo.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove Jogostempo.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove Jogostempo.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove Jogostempo.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove Jogostempo.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner after it is installed and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.