What is System Care Antivirus (Fake Antivirus)?
System Care Antivirus is malware, categorized as scareware (rogue software) from the WinWebSec rogue family of fake Antivirus software and is often referred to as the System Care Antivirus virus or System Care virus. System Care Antivirus attempts to appear like a legitimate Window’s Antivirus or Antispyware program but instead performs fake malware and system threat scans, displays fake security alerts, blocks computer systems from performing normal functions, and blocks legitimate software from eradicating it. System Care Antivirus malware displays fake results in order to scare unsuspecting victims into purchasing the dangerous and fake System Care Antivirus program. DO NOT purchase the fake System Care Antivirus program, you do not want to hand over personal information including credit card numbers to cyber criminals. Though the primary objective of the System Care Antivirus virus is to extort money by performing a common cyber scam, System Care Antivirus may cause further complications for a computer and computer user.
System Care Antivirus can be manually and voluntarily downloaded, in which the fake Antivirus program first engages social engineering in order to target and trick unsuspecting individuals to download the fraudulent Windows Antivirus software but System Care Antivirus primarily infects computer system without permission and is often noticed as a running program as the computer is turned on or restarted.
Once installed, System Care Antivirus will be configured to start when you login to Windows. Once the computer is started, the fake System Care Antivirus will perform a fake scan of the computer, in which in the end System Care Antivirus falsely claims numerous infections are present on the computer system. If you try to clean these infections, though, System Care Antivirus will state that you first need to purchase the program before being able to do so. Please note, all of the System Care Antivirus scan results are fake, please ignore any prompts made by System Care Antivirus that may attempt you to to purchase the fake program.
Some of the fake messages prompted by System Care Antivirus have been detailed below:
System Care Antivirus Firewall Alert System Care Antivirus Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet. Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with worm SVCHOST.Stealth.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer Internet Browser to connect to remote host. Security Monitor: WARNING! Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC safety is at risk. To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe your need to update your current security software. Click Yes to download official intrusion detection system (IDS software). Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with System Care Antivirus. System Care Antivirus Warning Intercepting programs that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been detected on your PC. Click here to remove them immediately with System Care Antivirus. System Care Antivirus Warning Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details. Click here to activate protection. System Care Antivirus Warning Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
If you computer is infected with System Care Antivirus, if the fake System Care Antivirus software is difficult to remove, or if you suspect your computer is essentiually infected with fake Antivirus software, please use these free System Care Antivirus removal instructions to remove System Care Antivirus and third-party malware from your computer system.
- Similar fake software: AVASoft Antivirus Professional
Please note, if you purchased the rogue System Care Antivirus program, it is recommended to contact your credit card company or bank to dispute the sale. Also, please proceed to discuss options with your credit card company or bank as to protect your identity and accounts from fraudulent transactions and theft.
How to remove System Care Antivirus
- System Care Antivirus Removal Software - Scan and remove System Care Antivirus and third-party malware using reputable software
- System Restore – Restore computer to date and time before infection
- Uninstall System Care Antivirus – Windows Uninstaller
- Safe Mode With Networking – Troubleshoot internet access and remove System Care Antivirus
- Manually Remove System Care AntivirusMalware (Advanced) – Remove System Care Antivirus process, files, and registry entries
1. System Care Antivirus Removal Software
Use the instructions below to automatically remove System Care Antivirus and third-party malware from your computer.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, please do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect System Care Antivirus and additional malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the scan is over, Malwarebytes will prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected including System Care Antivirus. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected).
2. System Restore
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates to remove fake System Care Antivirus software from your computer.
System Restores can be used to remove entire installments without harming your computer or removing any data including documents, images, and videos.
3. Uninstall System Care Antivirus
If possible, you may be able to simply uninstall System Care Antivirus and associated software using Window’s Uninstaller.
How To Uninstall System Care Antivirus From Window’s Control Panel
- Start > Settings > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program or Add/Remove Programs.
- Search for System Care Antivirus in the list of installed programs and click Uninstall.
4. Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode with Networking can be used to troubleshoot internet access (Safe Mode can be used to simply access the system) and install software capable of removing the System Care Antivirus virus and third-party malware.
1. Restart your computer.
2. Before Window’s launches tap the F8 key constantly to access the appropriate menu. Use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate to and highlight the Safe Mode with Networking option and press ENTER.
3. You can now access the internet to install legitimate software such as Malwarebytes to remove System Care Antivirus and associated malware from your computer, or use the advanced manual removal instructions below with caution.
5. Manually Remove System Care Antivirus Malware (Advanced)
Stop System Care Antivirus Process
1. Access Window’s Task Manager typing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
2. Find and remove the System Care Antivirus process, which may be similar to the processes detailed below.
Remove System Care Antivirus Files
Search for and delete System Care Antivirus files.
Repair And Remove System Care Antivirus Registry Entries
1. Access Window’s Registry Editor by navigating to the Start Menu and typing regedit into the search bar, followed by pressing Enter.
2. If you are not experienced with repairing or removing Registry entries, keys, etc, please do not proceed. Search for System Care Antivirus registry entries detailed below and remove or repair as needed.