How to remove SpeedUpMyPC 2014 by Uniblue – Removal Instructions (Uninstall Guide)
SpeedUpMyPC 2014 (Uniblue)
SpeedUpMyPC (also found as SpeedUpMyPC 2014, SpeedUpMyPC 2013,SpeedUpMyPC virus, StartUpMyPC rogue, etc.) is potential malware categorized as non-beneficial scareware that utilizes unethical marketing techniques to obtain customers and further create many issues for Microsoft Windows computers.
Once SpeedUpMyPC is installed the program will begin to scan the computer system for registry issues and problems that may allegedly slow a computer down; however, alike many fake or non-beneficial Windows Optimizers SpeedUpMyPC will show misleading results often claiming that hundreds of issues are facing the computer from system configuration, ActiveX, COM and shared Dlls, Invalid shortcuts and file extensions, to issues with startups and associated files. SpeedUpMyPC will also claim that is has system settings to optimized ans has located unused processes.
SpeedUpMyPC displays a large amount of suspected fake issues in order to scare victims into believing their computers are facing serious issues. When we compared SpeedUpMyPC a legitimate and safe Windows Optimizer CCleaner by Piriform, CCleaner only resulted in 5 issues while SpeedUpMyPC 2013 resulted in 185 (pictured below). This does not mean that CCleaner has a low success rate, this means that SpeedUpMyPC may potentially scam users with invaluable and misleading information. *CCleaner can be used to get rid of SpeedUpMyPC settings (detailed in automatic instructions further below).
Furthermore SpeedUpMyPC 2014 will not allow users to fix all the issues it has allegedly located unless the user registers and purchases the Uniblue product. This is also common in most Windows Optimizer scams. SpeedUpMyPC may present itself as freeware (free software) and allow users to scan for issues, as well as fix 15 free issues, even though SpeedUpMyPC is not free and will demand that the user purchases the product.
SpeedUpMyPC displays unwanted pop-ups that may appear the bottom right of the Windows Desktop screen. The pop-up may appear after the installation of third-party items and state that SpeedUpMyPC 2013 was installed, as well as contain a button that says Start SpeedUpMyPC 2013. If this button is clicked, SpeedUpMyPC will begin to install.
The SpeedUpMyPC program may also be difficult to close often displaying confusing pop-up windows in order to persuade users to purchase the item.
SpeedUpMyPC raises many privacy concerns as the item may collect and distribute sensitive user information, as well as create a backup of important files and Windows registry. SpeedUpMyPC will even corrupt or change user registry settings.
Victims of rogue software or potential scareware often complain of excessive email spam, unwanted junk mail, and even telephone calls from telemarketers; often concerning their recent browsing and computing activities.
How does SpeedUpMyPC malware get onto a computer?
SpeedUpMyPC often bundles with freeware and shareware including DVDVideoSoft Toolbar (safe) and can manually be installed from a variety of locations.
SpeedUpMyPC malware may also be contracted from advertisements, email spam, social media content, torrent files, and more.
How to removeSpeedUpMyPC virus
- Automatically remove SpeedUpMyPC - Scan for and automatically remove SpeedUpMyPC malware
- Manually remove SpeedUpMyPC - Remove/Uninstall SpeedUpMyPC and third-party malware if allowed
1. Automatic SpeedUpMyPC removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove SpeedUpMyPC 2014 scareware and third-party malware.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn and possibly rogue SpeedUpMyPC software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. Something to look for might include the title “SpeedUpMyPC.”
4. To automatically uninstall SpeedUpMyPC and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and located software in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual SpeedUpMyPC removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall “rogue” SpeedUpMyPC software using generic removal procedures (if allowed), as well as third-party malware that may have installed alongside rogue Windows optimization software.
How to uninstall SpeedUpMyPC
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SpeedUpMyPC 2014 and other potentially unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.