How to remove Nation Toolbar – Search.nation.com redirect (Removal Instructions)
Nation Toolbar – Search.nation.com virus
Nation Toolbar (also found as Nation Community Toolbar, AVG Nation Toolbar, Nation virus, Nation Search virus; though not technically a computer virus) is malware categorized as a browser hijacker that primarily bundles with third-party software without user consent and causes additional complications for computer users. Nation Toolbar downloads and installs to a Microsoft Windows computer systems and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension. In turn, Nation Toolbar changes Microsoft Windows Operating System settings, as well as Internet Browser settings including the homepage, managed, provided, and default search engine; causing unwanted browser redirects to search.nation.com, avg.nation.com, nation.com, search.conduit.com, and other unwanted websites.
Once installed Nation malware begins to replace existing Windows and browser settings and will appear at the top of an open browser window. Nation Toolbar will also cause internet browsers to start up on search.nation.com and other unwanted websites when users open a new browser window or tab.
Nation Toolbar and associated third-party items may also be the culprit of unwanted advertisements, including pop-up advertisements, banner ads, in-text ads, and more. Removing Nation Toolbar and similar items often stops unwanted advertisements from appearing.
Nation Toolbar hijacker and similar forms of malware raise many concerns relating to the invasion of privacy and privacy crimes. If Nation Toolbar is installed, the add-on and extension, as well as third-party items may collect and distribute sensitive user information; especially information users manually submit online or to third-party software including full names, usernames, passwords, email addresses, telephone numbers, and home addresses.
Nation Toolbar even has permission to access all the data on your computer and the websites you visit. The information collected may be used to submit users to marketing and mailing lists without their direct consent or knowledge. Victims may receive unwanted email spam, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers relative to recent internet browsing activities.
On a more severe scale, Nation Toolbar and similar browser hijacker malware infections put users at risk of cyber crimes including credit theft, extortion, and identity theft.
How does Nation Toolbar malware get onto a computer?
Nation.com malware primarily bundles with third-party downloadable content including freeware and shareware available from download.com and similar websites. During the installation process of third-party items users may be given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Nation Toolbar and change internet browser settings including the homepage and default search engine to search.nation.com or search.conduit.com; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or represented in a confusing manner.
It is recommended to avoid questionable downloads from websites such as download.com as their primary objective is to aggressively generate revenue off the confusion of their users and visitors.
Nation Toolbar can also be contracted from various locations including advertisements, social media content, email spam, sponsored search results, and more.
How to remove Nation Toolbar
- Automatically remove Nation Toolbar - Scan for and automatically remove Nation Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove Nation Toolbar - Remove/Uninstall Nation Toolbar software and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic Nation Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Nation Toolbar and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Nation malware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Nation Toolbar and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Nation Toolbar (nation, search protect by conduit, etc.) in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Nation Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Nation Toolbar malware and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Nation Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Nation Toolbar and other potentially unwanted software. Once Nation Toolbar is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Nation Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Nation Toolbar add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and additional toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Nation Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Nation Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Nation Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove search.nation.com Search Engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the search.nation.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the search.nation.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the search.nation.com search engine to remove it.
Please note, If http://www.search.nation.com/ (etc.) is set as Google Chrome’s default search engine, add (or select) a new search engine (such as Google.com) and select the new search engine as the default search engine, then remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the X next to it.
How to remove search.nation.com from Homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove search.nation.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove search.nation.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove search.nation.com and replace it with your preferred URL.