How to remove Music Search (Removal Instructions)
Music Search is the name of a browser add-on and extension that reputable internet security programs recognize as adware. The Music Search extension is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other popular internet browsers. Once the Music Search extension has been installed it will read and modify all your data on the websites you visit and change your search settings to search.softorama.com. This will cause internet searches to redirect to the promoted website. The Music Search attachment may also be responsible for pop-up advertisements in your web browser.
Aside from changing your search settings the Music Search extension will also change your homepage and new-tab settings. This will cause affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to the associated webpage when you open a new browser window or open a new browser tab.
|Name(s)||Music Search, Music Search virus|
|Short Description||This extension is promoted as a free browser utility.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements and redirects in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||This extension bundles with freeware and dubious files and is promoted by deceptive advertisements.|
|Detection Tool||Download Malware Removal Tool (Malwarebytes)|
What is Music Search?
Music Search is promoted as a free browser utility that allows you to easily search for music online. Even if the browser extension does what it claims to do it can cause many problems.
The Music Search extension for Google Chrome has permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit and change your search settings to search.softorama.com.
Music Search Removal Guide
Music Search and other programs that it may arrive on your computer with can usually be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove Music Search and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
- Step 1: Uninstall Music Search from Windows
- Step 2: Remove Music Search add-ons and extensions
- Step 3: Remove Music Search virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 4: Remove Music Search malware with HitmanPro
- Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Step 1: Uninstall Music Search from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall Music Search and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find Music Search installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for Music Search and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select Music Search with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled Music Search look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove Music Search add-ons and extensions
Follow the instructions to remove Music Search add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a Music Search attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove Music Search from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Music Search extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Music Search add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Music Search extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove Music Search virus with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove Music Search with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove Music Search malware with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove Music Search with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.