What is MindDabble Toolbar (MyWebSearch)?
MindDabble Toolbar powered by MyWebSearch is a potentially unwanted browser helper object (BHO), add-on, and extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer that changes internet browser settings without consent and displays unwanted pop-up advertisements. MindDabble Toolbar is detailed as potential malware, categorized as a browser hijacker and adware similar to InboxAce Toolbar, that promotes itself as a free tool used to search the web, post to Facebook, and organize email accounts, but instead causes many problems for internet users, such as unwanted browser redirects to ask.com, mywebsearch.com, and other websites. MindDabble Toolbar is often referred to as the MindDabble virus.
MindDabble Toolbar malware and similar items are often used to harvest user information and generate income this way and by downloading third-party software and browser attachments to users computers with or without permission. MindDabble Toolbar and third-party malware may include users including voluntarily (but entrapped) users to marketing lists without direct consent or knowledge. In some cases victims of the MindDabble virus have reported excessive email spam, phone calls from telemarketers, and junk mail that may relate to recent web search and browser activity. For instance, users who recently searched the web for “wedding cakes” may receive a large amount of advertisements and messages relating to weddings, cakes, and so on. These discussed advertisements and emails should be avoided.
How does MindDabble Toolbar malware infect a computer?
MindDabble Toolbar can install to a computer without consent of the computer user or owner, often alongside downloadable third-party items such as freeware, shareware, and codecs. In other cases, MindDabble Toolbar bundled with software downloaded from distribution websites such as download.com in order to unethically monetize free content and services.
How to remove MindDabble Toolbar
- Automatically remove MindDabble Toolbar malware – Scan for and automatically remove MindDabble Toolbar and third-party malware
- Manually remove MindDabble Toolbar – Remove/Uninstall MindDabble Toolbar software and third-party malware
1. Automatic MindDabble Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove the MindDabble Toolbar hijacker and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect any malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall MindDabble Toolbar and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall MindDabble Toolbar, associated software, and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for MindDabble Toolbar, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual MindDabble Toolbar removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall MindDabble Toolbar and third-party software using generic Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall MindDabble Toolbar
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for MindDabble Toolbar and other unwanted software. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove MindDabble Toolbar add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove MindDabble Toolbar add-ons, extensions, and plug-ins. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MindDabble Toolbar extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the MindDabble Toolbar add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the MindDabble Toolbar add-on and remove it if located.