GreatArcadeHits virus (Great Arcade Hits)
The GreatArcadeHits virus (also found as the Great Arcade Hits virus; though not technically a computer virus) is a potentially unwanted program or combination of potential malware, categorized as adware, browser hijacker, and spyware that primarily installs to computer systems with or without consent alongside software downloaded from download.com and other monetized freeware and shareware distribution websites.
Once installed, GreatArcadeHits and associated malware beings to change internet browser settings, including the home page and default search engine, in turn causing unwanted browser redirections and start ups, as well as assists in displaying unwanted advertisements and collecting information. GreatArcadeHits and third-parties may target and entrap unsuspecting victims to terms they would never agree with if presented in a proper manner, which may allow GreatArcadeHits adware and third-parties to display pop-up advertisements, change browser settings (redirections, startup, shortcuts), and send users excessive email spam, junk mail, and more.
GreatArcadeHits advertisements may appear as a drop-down coupon ads alike Coupon Companion, scrolling menu ads, pop-up ads, pop-under ads, and even as in-text advertisements similar to Infolinks. Some GreatArcadeHits adverts even promote arcade games as a pop-up on Windows desktop. It should be noted that advertisements are not served by GreatArcadeHits, but by associated and sponsored third-parties that may bundle with GreatArcadeHits or inside the GreatArcadeHits hijacker including Savings Wave.
Victims of GreatArcade Hits often claim that the program installed to their computer alongside other bloatware or malware such as adware and spyware without consent. One of our website visitors also stated that downloading legitimate software from download.com, allowed CNET to install unwanted software without their permission. It’s true, GreatArcade Hits and similar hijackers such as TopArcadeHits may install alongside freeware, shareware, codecs, and even torrents. It’s recommended to avoid downloading items from websites such as download.com and greatarcadehits.com.
Some victims of the GreatArcadeHits virus have stated that they fear that sensitive information concerning their credit and identity may have been compromised. Some have claimed that they have been attacked by scam artists over the telephone who may used collected sensitive information to extort money (phishing).
GreatArcade Hits can access your data on all websites; this includes manually submitted information and internet searches, as well as access your tabs and browsing activity.
How to remove the GreatArcadeHits virus
- Automatically remove GreatArcadeHits malware - Scan for and automatically remove GreatArcadeHits malware
- Manually remove GreatArcadeHits malware - Remove/Uninstall GreatArcadeHits and third-party malware
- For Tech Support - Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic GreatArcadeHits removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove GreatArcadeHits and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your home page, default search engine, browser shortcuts, and other hijacked settings using free or paid versions of reputable software.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected including GreatArcadeHits, etc. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer (the image below shows a file that is NOT selected) or click the Delete button to remove quarantined files.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall stubborn GreatArcadeHits software. You can even use CCleaner to remove ransomware, but that does not apply here.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall GreatArcadeHits and unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for GreatArcadeHits software, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the programs as selected.
2. Manual GreatArcadeHits removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall GreatArcadeHits using generic removal procedures.
How to uninstall GreatArcadeHits malware
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for GreatArcadeHits and other potentially unwanted software, including software downloaded from websites such as download.com. Once located, double click the unwanted programs or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove the GreatArcadeHits add-on and extension
Use the instructions to remove GreatArcadeHits add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the GreatArcadeHits extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the GreatArcadeHits add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the GreatArcadeHits add-on and remove it if located.