How To Remove Antivirus Live – Fake Antivirus Malware Virus (Antivirus Live Trojan Removal)
What is Antivirus Live?
Antivirus Live is a fake and malicious Antivirus program categorized as a hijacker, which is spread by the use of Trojans. Many people call this form of malware “scareware” due to it’s method of scaring unknowing computer users into believing their computers have become infected with malware and viruses.
Antivirus Live extorts money by providing a fake payment system as well as extracts victim information simply by their interaction with the malware (or redirection to drive-by-download websites. Some versions of Antivirus Live parasites lock operating systems, similar to way ransomware acts and some are only introduced to victims for purposes of online credit card schemes.
What are symptoms of Antivirus Live malware?
Antivirus Live malware has many symptoms, which can range from mild to severe depending on the parasite.
- Antivirus Live prompts a fake security scan in a large pop up/program window showing various infections or indicating that a scan is in progress.
- Antivirus Live also prompts continuous fake alert messages which it calls “Antivirus software alerts”, stating it has blocked programs from accessing the internet with details and gives the infected computer user the options to block the attack or continue unprotected.
- Antivirus Live blocks basic Window’s applications from being used, and may state such applications are infected with malware and viruses. In particular Antivirus Live often states the application can not be accessed by promoted “Security Warnings”.
- Antivirus Live also blocks the use of Antivirus programs and malware removal software and claims they too have become infected with malware and or “worms”.
- Antivirus live also prompts fake Window’s Security alerts (yellow box on the bottom right of the display) stating your system “might be at risk”.
How to remove Antivirus Live malware
To remove the Antivirus Live virus from your computer a malware remover tool is needed though a system recovery is also an acceptable removal procedure. Included are steps to acquire Malwarebytes (free) for different victims as some may have a more severe parasite and can not access the internet. If this is the case access “safe mode with networking” as explained below in option 2. Another solution is to recover or restore your computer to a date and time before infection, though data and files may be lost which is discussed in option 3.
1. Malware Removal
- Install Malwarebytes (free)
- Scan your computer for malicious files
- Malwarebytes will remove malicious files. View and save the promoted note log detailing malicious files.
[Small_Button class=”lightblue”] Remove Malware [/Small_Button]
2. Safe Mode With Networking
Enter your computer in “safe mode with network” and install anti-malware software. Proceed to scan, and remove Antivirus Live malware.
1. Reboot your computer in “Safe Mode with Networking”. As the computer is booting tap the “F8 key” continuously.Use your keyboard to navigate to “Safe Mode with Networking” and press Enter. Shown below.
3. Search for Antivirus Live or associated programs in the list. Select the program and click Remove button.
If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window.
When it asks you to reboot, please do so. After the computer reboots and you are back at your Windows Desktop (Normal Mode), please continue with the next step.
4. Launch Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer go to: Tools->Internet Options->Connections tab.
Click Lan Settings button and uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN. Click OK.
5. It is now recommended to download Malwarebytes and run a full system scan to remove Antivirus Live malware from your computer.
3. Restore/Recover Your Computer
You can easily restore your computer to a date and time before infection to bypass Antivirus Live.
Easy Recover Center Access
- Access Window’s start menu
- Type rstrui.exe into the search field and press enter to enter the recovery center
- Recover your computer to a data and time before infection
Restore/Recover In Safe Mode With Command Prompt
1. Restart/reboot your computer system. Unplug if necessary.
2. Enter your computer in “safe mode with command prompt”. To properly enter safe mode, after rebooting, press your computer’s “hot key” upon the boot menu. For instance, F8 – F11.
3. Once the Command Prompt appears type “explorer” and hit Enter.
4. Once Windows Explorer shows up browse to:
Win XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
Win Vista/Seven: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter