FVD Speed Dial (Speed Dial [FVD]) is an advertisement-supported and third-party sponsored freeware program and browser add-on that has a mixed online reputation. The internet security community have linked the FVD Speed Dial add-on to the potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and adware.hijacker categories of computer infections. Since FVD Speed Dial is advertisement-supported and utilizes various sponsors, internet users may experience pop-up advertisements and browser redirects if this program is installed and browser add-on is attached to affected internet browsers.
What is FVD Speed Dial?
FVD Speed Dial is a “New Tab Page Replacement” tool with 3D Speed Dial and predefined images, sync and organize your bookmarks, groups, and most visited webpages. It is essentially just like the new tab page for Google Chrome, except sponsored by third-party pop-up advertisements, search results, and programs.
We have found no entirely malicious symptoms of installing this program and browser attachment or unwanted activities after disabling the browser extension. However, the browser attachment may be intrusive as it has permission set that many users may find undesirable. The FVD Speed Dial extension for Google Chrome can read and change your data on the websites you visit, read and change your bookmarks, read and change your browser history, and manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
Users have reported several issues with FVD Speed Dial aside from pop-up advertisements, sponsored web search results, and browser redirections. FVD Speed Dial has been reported to ‘crash’ and delete all existing internet browser settings, including history, apps, themes, and essentially all data. Users who have reported this issue have also complained about the customer service they were provided; stating that they were ignored or did not receive an adequate or progressive response from the publisher.
How to remove FVD Speed Dial (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove FVD Speed Dial extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall FVD Speed Dial from Windows
- Step 3: Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove FVD Speed Dial extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the FVD Speed Dial extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the FVD Speed Dial add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the FVD Speed Dial extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall FVD Speed Dial from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for FVD Speed Dial and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download Malwarebytes Free[/button][button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?affiliate=23046&scope=checkout&cart=139724″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Premium Now[/button]
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of potentially malicious files. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fstandard” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Download CCleaner Free[/button]
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”true”]Buy Professional Now[/button]
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.