How to remove WinZip Install Protector (Virus Removal Guide)
WinZip Install Protector (Install Protector by Winzip) is advertised as a program compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and Windows Vista that “monitors your download and alerts you when it detects unwanted add-ons.” WinZip Install Protector claims that the program “helps you download and install applications with confidence.”
Like other programs by WinZip, the free program is considered to be an advertisement for the full version. Once a scan with the free version is complete it will state that numerous items were detected, but the items cannot be removed unless the full version is purchased.
Furthermore, according to VirusTotal, WinZip Install Protector is detected as malware by AVG. AVG detects the program as FileRepMalware and will block, quarantine, and remove the program and associated files in real-time.
WinZip programs including WinZip Privacy Protector, WinZip System Utilities Suite, and others are notorious for utilizing deceptive marketing practices in hopes of duping users into installing them. As previously noted, the free version is not actually free to use, it is only a scanner which makes it an ideal promotional platform for the registered version and other programs by WinZip. Furthermore, Winzip does not mention that the free version is only a scanner and users typically become aware of the fact after using the program to scan their computers.
How to remove WinZip Install Protector
WinZip Install Protector can be uninstalled from Windows through the Control Panel or Apps and Features. However, uninstalling the program through the Control Panel will not remove malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other potential threats from an infected computer. To remove WinZip Install Protector we recommend scanning your computer with reputable security software known to detect and remove WinZip Install Protector and to use a second anti-malware program to eradicate remaining malware, adware, spyware, and viruses. Follow the removal instructions below to remove WinZip Install Protector and other threats from an infected computer.
1. Download and install AVG Internet Security, AVG Internet Security Ultimate or AVG Antivirus Free to remove WinZip Install Protector. AVG will detect files associated with the program as “FileRepMalware.”
2. Once AVG Internet Security, Ultimate, or Antivirus Free is installed, open the program and click SCAN COMPUTER.
3. Click NEXT (if applicable) to proceed with the scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click RESOLVE ALL and DONE.
5. Next, download and install Malwarebytes to perform a secondary-scan to remove remaining files, malware, adware, spyware, and potentially unwanted programs.
6. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
8. Reboot the computer.