Websiteshove.com is a malicious domain name that plays a role in displaying unwanted advertisements and notifications on Google Chrome and Windows desktop. Advertisements and pop-up notifications native to the website are often the results of a malware or adware infection or malicious advertising campaign. Users who are forwarded to Websiteshove.com by an advertisement or malicious program are typically shown a pop-up message that says “Websiteshove.com wants to show notifications” and an image of a robot that says “click allow if you are not a robot.” This is a misleading tactic designed to trick unsuspecting internet users into allowing notifications from the website.
The user is given an opportunity to allow or block Websiteshove.com notifications in their browser and if notifications are allowed the user may experience malicious notifications on the Windows desktop and on the browser promoting malware, adware, and spyware. The notifications often act as advertisements, bolstering and promoting programs that do not exist. For example, advertisements associated with the website may fraudulently promote a Windows update or media player but in reality, the advertisements contain direct links to download malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
Is Websiteshove.com safe?
No, Websiteshove.com is not recognized as safe for these reasons:
- The website may host malware
- The website may advertise malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)
- The website may redirect internet users to advertisements
- The website may redirect internet users to third-party search engines
If you have come across Websiteshove.com it is likely that you have been introduced to malware, a potentially unwanted program (PUP), or an unsafe browser extension like the visible dark extension for Google Chrome and we strongly advise that you use the instructions below to remove malware and ensure that your computer and device is safe.
How to remove Websiteshove.com ads
Follow these steps to remove Websiteshove.com, malware, and viruses from your computer:
- Download the Malwarebytes setup file for the version you wish to use.
- Locate the setup file (MBSetup.exe) and open it to begin the installation process.
- Once Malwarebytes is installed click the Scan button.
- When finished, Malwarebytes will show a list of results including the detection names. Click the Quarantine button to remove all selected threats.
- Malwarebytes may require a system reboot. If so, restart your computer to complete the process.
How to disable notifications
Follow these steps to remove Websiteshove.com notifications in Google Chrome:
- Go to chrome://settings/content/notifications?search=notificat or Settings > Privacy and security > Site Settings > Notifications.
- Find the domain name you want to remove from the list, click the 3 dot icon, and select Remove.