How to block website-stealer.nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics
Website-stealer.nufaq.com is one of the latest referrer spam URLs that targets your Google Analytics account with deceptive referral traffic. The URL is similar to website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net. Website-stealer.nufaq.com referral traffic is designed to catch your attention and mix useless data into your website’s Google Analytics data. Website-stealer.nufaq.com referrer spam catches your attention which may provoke you to visit the nufaq.com website it forwards to or search for it online. If you notice website-stealer.nufaq.com referral traffic in Google Analytics do not be alarmed. No one is trying to steal your website or your website content.
Website-stealer.nufaq.com referrer spam and referrer spam in general from other URLs such as googlemare.com is a big problem for many webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted website-stealer.nufaq.com referral traffic can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URL usually appears to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which interfere with your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that website-stealer.nufaq.com referral spam can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Fortunately, we have created a guide to block website-stealer.nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop website-stealer.nufaq.com referral spam from interfering with your data measured by Google Analytics.
- What is Website-stealer.nufaq.com?
- How to block Website-stealer.nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics
What is Website-stealer.nufaq.com?
Website-stealer.nufaq.com is an untrustworthy referrer spam URL that targets your Google Analytics data with deceptive and eye-catching referral traffic. The URL may make it seem like you may have stolen content from another website or that another entity is attempting to steal your website with the website-stealer string attached to the domain name. However, do not be alarmed because the URL string is simply designed to cause FUD, or anxiety, shock, and fear which will provoke you to visit the website and search for it online.
The downside to unwanted website-stealer.nufaq.com referral traffic for website owners is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Website-stealer.nufaq.com referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block Website-stealer.nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to block website-stealer.nufaq.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop website-stealer.nufaq.com referral traffic at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Website-stealer.nufaq.com or the URL or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add website-stealer.nufaq.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | example.com | website-stealer.nufaq.com | hdmoviecamera.net