What is Watch TV Now and how do i remove it? (Free Guide)
Watch TV Now
Learn what Watch TV Now is and how to remove the Watch TV Now extension, PUPs, viruses, malware, adware, and other threats from your browser and computer.
Description and Permissions
Search and access popular tv quick links instantly from your new tab page!
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Replace the page you see when opening a new tab
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes
What is Watch TV Now?
Watch TV Now is recognized as a potentially malicious internet browser extension for Google Chrome and other web browsers. When the Watch TV Now extension is installed it will track your browsing habits, manage your browser extensions, and make modifications to your existing browser settings including the page you see when you open a new tab. The Watch TV Now extension will replace the page you see when opening a new tab with https://search.hwatchtvnow.co/.
If you search the web from https://search.hwatchtvnow.co/ you will be forwarded to https://search.yahoo.com/. The extension does this to track what you search for online and to generate revenue from sponsored search content.
A security issues with the Watch TV Now extension is that it is advertised on websites that also advertise and host malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, and spyware. This means that if you have come across advertisements promoting Watch TV Now, or found the extension installed without your knowledge, it is likely that your computer is infected with other threats that should be eradicated with right away.
How is Watch TV Now distributed?
The Watch TV Now extension is usually distributed like most common unwanted programs and browser attachments are. The extension is bolstered by advertisements that can be deceptive. The extension is often advertised as something it is not in order to trick victims into installing it and other potentially unwanted programs and malware. In addition, adware is known to show advertisements for the extension.
Furthermore, the Watch TV Now extension and other unwanted programs can be offered as a custom or advanced installation by third-party download managers for questionable third-party programs. The download managers may give the user a chance to accept or decline the offer to install this extension and others. If the user does not opt out the program will install in the background. The way that the custom installation is presented may also be inadequate and designed to trick the user into installing programs they did not mean to install. It’s advised to be alert when installing free programs from the internet and keep an eye out for custom installation presentations to avoid any confusion and security risks.
How to remove Watch TV Now
STEP 1: Remove malware from your computer
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
2. To install the program, click the file you just downloaded. It can usually be located in the Download folder.
3. A window that says “Welcome to the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard” will appear. Click Agree and Install to begin the installation. Once complete, click Finish.
4. Now the Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
5. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
7. Next, Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files.
8. Once installed, open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
9. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
10. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
11. Click the Reboot button.
Your computer should now be completely free of Watch TV Now Extension and other malicious files; However, you can still use the manual repair and uninstall instructions below if your browser settings have not been repaired or if you think an unwanted program is still installed on your machine.
STEP 2: Remove Watch TV Now extension
1. Open the Customize and control Google Chrome menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Find the Watch TV Now extension in the list and click the Remove button to remove it.
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
STEP 3: Uninstall unwanted programs
If you are infected with adware and other unwanted programs you might be able to uninstall unwanted programs from your computer. Use these instructions to uninstall unwanted programs that may have installed on your machine. If you do not find a program installed on your machine make sure to scan your computer for malware using the instructions above.