What is Video Downloader PLUS and how do I remove it?
Video Downloader PLUS, also called FB Down Video Downloader PLUS, is a popular internet browser extension for Google Chrome and other compatible internet browsers that is promoted as a free tool that you can use to download videos from a website.
The Video Downloader PLUS extension is easy to use. Once installed, the extension displays an icon on the top bar. When you visit a web page that has a downloadable video, the icon will change color. If you click the icon you can choose to download a video of your choosing.
Description and permissions
Best Video Downloader Extension. Downloads most popular media types from ANY website.
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Manage your downloads
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes
Video Downloader PLUS can be manually installed from the developer’s website and in the Chrome Web Store. Unlike other similar internet browsers, I have not seen this browser extension utilize deceptive marketing practices. Extensions similar to Video Downloader PLUS are often advertised by malicious advertising networks and on websites that may host malware or promote unwanted programs.
1. Open the Customize and control Google Chrome menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Find the Video Downloader PLUS extension and click the Remove button to remove it.
3. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
4. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
5. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
6. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
7. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
8. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
9. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
10. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
11. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
12. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
13. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
14. Click the Reboot button.