How to remove Video Codecs (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Video Codecs?
Video Codecs, or Video Codecs virus, is an adware bundler compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 that utilizes deceptive advertising methods to trick users into installing it by promising to be something it isn’t such as a flash player or system update.
The purpose of Video Codecs is to download other programs onto a targetted computer. When the Video Codecs file is executed the user interface for the software will appear. The software shows various methods for installing components that include installing third-party software such as known malware and PUPs like ByteFence.
Numerous symptoms may occur once Video Codecs is installed including:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Pop-up notifications on Windows desktop
- Browser redirects
- Promotional search content
- Declining system performance and functionality
We strongly advise you to avoid installing potentially unwanted programs like Video Codecs and to remove them from your computer immediately. This page contains instructions to remove Video Codecs from Windows and scan your computer for malware using reputable Antivirus software such as Malwarebytes and HitmanPro.
How to Remove Video Codecs
This removal tutorial was designed to provide comprehensive removal steps to uninstall Video Codecs and remove all traces of malware from your computer. It is designed to be easy to follow, yet detailed to help you eradicate every single spec of malware on your computer.
Step 1: Use Malwarebytes to Scan for Malware and PUPs
Malwarebytes will remove Video Codecs, known malware, and PUPs from your computer.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-18.104.22.16839.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 2: Use HitmanPro to Remove Remaining Trace Files
HitmanPro will remove remaining trace files, malware, tracking files, and repair settings.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 3: Use CCleaner to Clean Your System, Maintain Browser Settings, and Update Programs
Use CCleaner to get rid of junk files and temporary files that can remain on your system, maintain browser settings that may have been modified by malware, and update software (if needed) in order to keep your computer up to date with the latest security patches.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Step 4: Uninstall Video Codecs From Windows
Uninstall Video Codecs from Windows.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Find Video Codecs and click the Uninstall button.