TV Plugin by Orzilia Ltd. (also known as Tv-Plug-in or TVPlugin) is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware that causes many issues. For example, the TV Plugin program will display advertisements and automatically open browser windows in the background. The program also does not work as advertised and is basically designed to be deceptive.
Furthermore, TV Plugin is known to bundle with other unwanted programs, adware, spyware, and malware that can cause other issues. Cooperating threats that the program bundles with can establish a connection to remote sites in order to transmit your data, display advertisements while you browse the web or on Windows desktop, and modify your browser and computer settings.
Another concern with TV Plugin is that it is advertised on websites that usually display malicious advertisements and host malware. If you found TV Plugin installed on your computer or notice advertisements for the program while you browse the web it is likely that your computer was introduced to other threats such as Free FLV Player. Other threats should be eliminated immediately before they put your personal information and computer functionality at risk.
TV Plugin is bolstered as a free program that you can use to watch Online TV for free from your computer. It claims to be free, have over 3000 TV channels, 5325 radio stations, and auto update daily in order to repair broken streams. However, this is not true. The program does not work as advertised. If you try to watch a TV channel from the TV Plugin interface you will be blocked by advertisements that advise you to visit third-party websites in order to register and watch TV online. During tests, at no time were we able to use the program to watch online TV for free.
How did TV Plugin get on my computer?
The program utilizes aggressive and deceptive marketing tactics in order to show you advertisements while you browse the web. Advertisements might claim that the program is something it is not in order to trick you into downloading the program. Furthermore, websites that display TV Plugin advertisements use malicious advertising networks that promote other threats and the websites often host malware themselves.
If you come across an advertisements promoting this program you can chose to manually and voluntarily download and install TV Plugin. If you download and install TV Plugin via an advertisement it can cause the program to bundle with other unknown programs.
Reputable internet browsers such as Google Chrome will attempt to block you from downloading files associated with TV Plugin in real-time. Google Chrome claims that the .exe file used to install the program (possibly named TV Plugin.exe) is dangerous so they have blocked it.
If you download and install freeware you might have the option to install TV Plugin. Freeware download managers often offer TV Plugin as a custom installation and give you a chance to accept or decline to install TV Plugin and other programs. If you do not opt out from installing the program it will begin to install in the background while you install said freeware. The way that the custom installation is presented can also be complex and arranged to trap you into installing programs you chose not to install. It’s advised to be totally alert when installing free programs from the internet and to keep an eye out for custom installation presentations to avoid any confusion and security risks from reaching your computer.
How to remove TV Plugin
Follow the TV Plugin removal guide on this page to remove TV Plugin from your computer. The steps will help you remove other malicious threats that can install alongside TV Plugin such as malware, viruses, adware, and spyware.
- STEP 1: Scan your computer for malware
- STEP 2: Manually repair your browser settings
- STEP 3: Manually uninstall programs
- TIPS: Stay protected against future infections
STEP 1: Scan your computer for malware
The best way to remove TV Plugin and other threats from your computer is to scan your computer for malware using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro software. Malwarebytes and HitmanPro will locate and eradicate this threat and other malicious files installed on your machine automatically.
1. Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to run a scan and remove malicious files from your computer.
2. Once installed, open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
4. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
5. Download and Install HitmanPro by Surfright to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files.
6. Once installed, open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
7. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
8. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
9. Click the Reboot button.
Your computer should now be completely free of TV Plugin and other malicious files; However, you can still use the manual repair and uninstall instructions below if your browser settings have not been repaired or if you think an unwanted program is still installed on your machine.
STEP 2: Manually repair your browser settings
If your browser settings have been changed use these instructions to manually repair your settings.
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
STEP 3: Manually uninstall programs
If you are infected with adware and other unwanted programs you might be able to manually uninstall programs from your computer. Use these instructions to uninstall unwanted programs that may have installed on your machine. If you do not find a program installed on your machine make sure to scan your computer for malware using the instructions above.
TIPS: Stay protected against future infections
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they get onto your computer. The 2 programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals in real-time; disallowing threats and hackers from getting onto your machine.
The guidelines listed below are a great way to help you maintain a safe environment and ensure that the files on your computer are intact.
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- Avoid visiting fake “spyware removal” blogs and websites that promote “spyware removal software.” These are usually malicious websites designed to phish your personal information, infect your computer with a rogue program and trick you into paying for rogue “spyware removal software.”
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know