This TotalPlusHD-3.1 removal guide provides steps to remove the TotalPlusHD-3.1 virus in order to get rid of ads by TotalPlusHD-3.1 on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as other potential malware and adware.
What is TotalPlusHD-3.1?
TotalPlusHD-3.1 is a potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that usually installs alongside media related software, such as third-party video players like FLVPlayer, or is picked up through questionable advertisements that may automatically download the software without user knowledge. TotalPlusHD-3.1 is primarily used to serve targeted advertisements across multiple internet browsers while users browse the internet.
Potential TotalPlusHD-3.1 malware is also known to bundle with other unwanted programs and possible malware that will introduce users to other unwanted activities, including browser redirects and decreased browsing and computing performance. Additional programs may also cause privacy risks. In order to stop all unwanted symptoms it may be necessary to uninstall and remove other programs and browser attachments masked by different titles and publishers.
The most relevant symptom of the TotalPlusHD-3.1 adware infection are pop-up advertisements; However, the way this adware displays advertisements can be disturbing to many internet users. This program and associated programs, including browser add-ons and extensions will usually obtain permissions that allow them to acess, change, control, and share user browsing data and user browser settings.
Collected user browsing data includes a user’s complete browsing activities, bookmarks, history, and much more. Changed settings may include internet proxy settings, homepages, browser shortcuts, and internal search engines. Changes made to internet browsers may cause them to redirect to unspecified websites and can allow cyber criminals access to other identifiable information.
How to remove TotalPlusHD-3.1 (Virus Removal)
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall TotalPlusHD-3.1
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled TotalPlusHD-3.1. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
How to remove TotalPlusHD-3.1 add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the TotalPlusHD-3.1 extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the TotalPlusHD-3.1 add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the TotalPlusHD-3.1 add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.