There is a computer virus that changes all your personal files to Text Documents. It will transform your files such as image files including .png images and .jpeg image files into Text Documents that contain a series of scrambled text and coding. When a computer becomes infected with the Text Document virus the virus will also download a Read_ME.html HTML Document file in every file folder it encrypts files and turns files to Text Documents in. The Read_ME file is a ransom note that says “Your files are Encrypted” and instructs the victim to buy a decryptor to decrypt the files that have been changed to Text Documents.
An example of the Text Document virus encryption method is that it will change a test.png file in a file that looks like test.png.(txt). The Text Document virus will add a new file extension and file type to the files it targets and encrypts. The virus will target a variety of file types including .exe files, image files, video files, document files, and much more. The files encrypted by the Text Document virus expand greater than most forms of ransomware that typically only encrypt image, video, and document type files.
The Text Document virus is usually spread via spam email messages that contain malicious .zip attachments. Once the attachment is executed it will spread the ransomware across the infected machine. The virus will then target specific file types, encrypt the files, change the files to Text Documents, and add or remove the file extension.
Once all files are encrypted and changed to Text Documents the virus will load a ransom note in a file named Read_ME.html in each folder it encrypts files in. The ransom note is the basic GlobeImposter ransom note detailed below:
Your files are Encrypted!
For data recovery needs decryptor.
If you want to buy a decryptor, click the button
Yes, I want to buy
Free decryption as guarantee.
Before paying you can send us 1 file for free decryption.
To send a message or file use this link.
( If you send a file for free decryption, also send file Read_ME.html )
And finally, if you can not contact, follow these two steps:
1. Install the TOP Browser from this link:
2. Open this link in the TOP browser: support
The ransom note is meant to frighten victims into paying for decryption software that can possibly decrypt files encrypted by the Text Document virus. It is not always recommended to pay malware authors to decrypt files. It is not a certain way to ensure that your files will be decrypted and safe. In reality, paying malware authors supports their cyber-criminal activities. In addition, files encrypted by ransomware can often be decrypted for free or avoided by using real-time security software like Malwarebytes 3.0.
The instructions on this page explain how to remove Text Document virus, malware, other ransomware, and decrypt encrypted files. Follow each step below to remove this infection and secure your computer from malicious threats. On the bottom of this guide you will also find recovery and decryption software for various ransomware infections.
1. Remove Text Document virus with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
2. Remove trace files with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
3. Clean up and repair issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.
|Shadow Explorer||Restores lost or damaged files from Shadow Copies||Download (Free)|
|Photorec||Recovers lost files||Download (Free)|
|Recuva||Recovers lost files||Download (Free) | Buy|