How to switch back to the old Twitter layout
Twitter recently changed the layout and interface of their website and some people don’t like it. The criticism Twitter is getting for the nre layout is understandable because there are still a few kinks and the change is significantly drastic; it takes time to get used to.
Prior to the new Twitter layout being mandated, users were able to try it out beforehand by changing their layout to the legacy layout. They were also able to easily switch back to old Twitter; However, that is no longer an option on Twitter.
Luckily, we were able to determine that Twitter added a cookie called rweb_optin and configured it with a data value of side_no_out. To switch back to the old Twitter interface, this cookie will need to be deleted.
How to switch back to Old Twitter
1. Download and install the EditThisCooke extension into Chrome.
2. Go to your Twitter.
3. Click on the cookie in the top right-hand corner of your screen to open EditThisCookie.
4. A list of all the cookies will be displayed. Scroll down to and click on rweb_optin
5. Once rweb_optin is opened, click on the trash can icon in the left-hand corner of the box to delete it.
6. Close your browser and re-open Twitter.
How to switch to New Twitter
1. After installing EditThisCooke go to Twitter.
2. Click on the cookie in the top right-hand corner of your screen to open EditThisCookie.
3. Click the plus (+) symbol on the toolbar.
4. A form will open, enter rweb_optin in the name field, side_no_out.in the value field, and put a checkmark in Secure then click Save.
5. Close your browser and re-open Twitter.