Stop hdmoviecamera.net referral spam in Google Analytics
Hdmoviecamera.net is one of the latest and most aggressive referrer spam URLs that targets your Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic. Hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic will typically have a string attached to it like website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net. Hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic is designed to spam your Google Analytics data with data that might catch your eye and provoke you to visit the website.
Hdmoviecamera.net referrer spam and referrer spam in general is a problem for many webmasters and website owners. Unwanted hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic can ruin your website’s analytical data with ghost traffic that never actually lands on your website, but instead targets your Google Analytics ID. The spam URL usually lands on a single webpage on your website and leaves from the same webpage which can mess up your bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that hdmoviecamera.net referral spam can ruin. It can essentially ruin everything in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Luckily, we have created a guide to block hdmoviecamera.net referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop hdmoviecamera.net referral spam from interfering with your data measured by Google Analytics.
What is Hdmoviecamera.net?
Hdmoviecamera.net is an untrustworthy referrer spam URL that targets your Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic. The website is used as a camera and video blog with posts such as “How to shoot movies with a camcorder” and “How to shoot good movies at a child’s event.” The website contains HD video camera tricks and resources for cameras and editing video.
The downside to unwanted hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic for website owners is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data and other website metrics provided by third-party services. In some cases it can also use up your website’s bandwidth by creating repeated site requests. However, this is not the case with this URL since it primarily generates ghost hits that do not actually land on your website.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Hdmoviecamera.net referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
Stop Hdmoviecamera.net with an exclude filter in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to stop hdmoviecamera.net referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to block hdmoviecamera.net referrers.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Hdmoviecamera.net or the URL or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add hdmoviecamera.net and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | example.com | hdmoviecamera.net