The SpeedyResults virus is a term used to anaylze a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in the adware group of computer threats that aids pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. SpeedyResults is known to create new tasks and is scheduled to run every time Windows starts.
What is SpeedyResults?
Publisher Description: N/A
- This program packages with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
- This program can read and alterall your data on the websites you visit.
- This program can read and modify your browsing history.
- This program can operate your apps, extensions, and themes.
- This program can take over your downloads.
How does SpeedyResults get on a computer?
The SpeedyResults virus (although not technically a computer virus) is often contracted without knowledge alongside free downloadable content, like freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. Typically, internet users are presented with the opportunity to accept or decline a unique chance to install this program and other items; However, the offer to decline the program from installing is mostly overlooked by the distributor and presented in a malicious manner.
How to remove SpeedyResults
- Step 1: Remove SpeedyResults add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall SpeedyResults
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove SpeedyResults add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the SpeedyResults extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the SpeedyResults add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the SpeedyResults add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel using the steps below.
Step 2: Uninstall SpeedyResults
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SpeedyResults and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.