A fake SeaWorld Gold Coast Facebook page has published a post claiming that you can win 4 tickets to see world by participating in online surveys.
The Facebook post shows an image of Gold Coast Australia and says “Win a Holiday at Gold Coast with 4 tickets for SeaWorld.” The post also contains a link that directs you to a survey site.
Win a Holiday at Gold Coast with 4 tickets for SeaWorld.
Enter here: seaworld.winhoIiday.com
The surveys are essentially designed to phish the information you submit to them such as your full name, email address, home address, phone number, and more. Once you complete one survey you will be shown another; they never end. Be advised that you will not win 4 free tickets to SeaWorld if you participate in the online surveys.
In the end, you will not win anything from the fake SearWorld Gold Coast Facebook page. The post and associated websites are in no way affiliated with SeaWorld or any legitimate entity. This is a scam and the primary purpose of the scam is to obtain information about you that you submit into online surveys.
What to do if you fell for a scam
- Do not share or like a post associated with the scam. This shows the post to more people and that is how these scams spread in the first place. It also makes you a target to the scammer who may contact you and say that you won something even though you did not. If you shared or liked a questionable post, visit your activity and unlike the post.
- If you completed online surveys associated there is not much that you can do aside from ignoring what may come your way. However, if you supplied your personal banking or credit information to a survey it is strongly suggested to contact your bank or credit institution for assistance.
- If you sent an advanced payment in order to receive a prize contact your bank or credit card and file a claim against the transaction. Explain to your bank or the credit card company what happened in order to receive assistance for the matter.
- If you used an online payment service to make an advanced payment contact them and let them know what happened. It is possible that you will be able to receive your money back from them.
- Furthermore, terminate all association with the Facebook page. Unlike the Facebook page, report the Facebook page, tell friends that you might have tagged about the scam, and even change your Facebook password for safe measure.