How to remove s5mark (Virus Removal Guide)
s5mark (also searched for as s5mark virus) is detected as a dangerous potentially unwanted program (PUP) by reputable internet security products. s5mark usually downloads and installs without user consent or knowledge or by use of very deceptive marketing tactics that confuse victims into installing it. The s5mark program can automatically install in the background while you work on your computer or browse the web. It will also install alongside other unwanted programs and malware. Once the “s5mark virus” has been introduced it will create a folder by the same name, add new tasks to Windows, and generate unwanted pop-up ads and browser redirects.
What is s5mark?
s5mark claims to provide anonymous VPN services with high speed, unlimited bandwidth, and in multiple geo-locations. It claims it can protect your privacy, secure your internet traffic, and keep you safe.
s5mark and adware that it bundles with generate very intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by s5mark and adware that it bundles with are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Potential s5mark malware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this potential malware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove s5mark if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did s5mark get on my computer?
s5mark and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge and by use of deceptive marketing tactics and intructions. s5mark is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that s5mark adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
The image above shows that s5mark was introduced to a machine inside a download manager associated with a dubious torrent file.
[fancy_box title=”s5mark overview”]
- s5mark bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- s5mark is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- s5mark injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- s5mark makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove s5mark virus
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call:
Option 1: Automatically remove s5mark virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “s5mark” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing s5mark we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove s5mark.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove s5mark
How to uninstall s5mark
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for s5mark in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click s5mark to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find s5mark in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove s5mark below.[/note]
How to remove s5mark add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the s5mark extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the s5mark add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the s5mark extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find s5mark in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove s5mark below.[/note]
s5mark virus removal tips
- If you do not find s5mark in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing s5mark you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.